These low carb cupcakes may be just what you needs when you are missing a little sweet baking or need to take something to a friends house.
Low Carb Cupcakes
I’ve mentioned it before that I don’t make cakes and sweet treats as often as I used to. I feel it is part of the ethos of going low carb that I don’t want to find replicas of what we are actually trying to give up, but sometimes, it is nice to have low carb cupcakes as an available alternative.
Don’t go for gluten free baking mixes or gluten free goods as these are generally highly processed and incredibly high in carbs. They are stripped of any nutrition then fortified again. Gluten free products are mainly based on rice flour, potato flour or tapioca starch.
Gluten free products are a billion dollar industry. It is so much cheaper and easier to just go grain free, and it is far, far more nutritious.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Low carb cupcakes are a little bite sized of chocolate heaven. Sugar & grain free.” quote=”Low carb cupcakes are a little bite sized of chocolate heaven. Sugar & grain free.”]
Our favourite cake has to be my Low Carb Lemon Coconut Cake, because the desiccated coconut gives it a lovely texture. It is not stodgy, doughy or crumbly. I used that recipe as the basis of these low carb cupcakes.
These chocolate low carb cupcakes have no added sugar, wheat free, grain free so gluten free, and easy to make.
Low Carb Cupcakes
- Melt the butter and stevia in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Mix in all the other ingredients,
- Allow the low carb cupcake mixture to stand for 5 minutes while the psyllium husk swells and absorbs the liquid.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and press gently, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
100 Top Tips For Beginners