Looking for yummy healthy lunch box fillers? Well, Mozzarella Dough Keto Pizza Scrolls are the perfect solution!
And everyone will dive for them picnics or served for party nibbles. The simple keto recipe can be made with almond flour or coconut flour and it's only 1.9g net carbs each (makes 8 scrolls).
If you or your kids absolutely love pizza, and you wish you could have it for your school or work lunches, then you will definitely want to give this easy mozzarella dough recipe a try! It’s a fun spin on your typical pizza AND it’s low-carb and keto, too!
Mozzarella Dough Keto Pizza Scrolls
Keto pizza scrolls are compact and easy to pack for an on-the-go meal. You can add your favourite pizza toppings inside the mozzarella dough, roll em'up, then cook the pizza scrolls in only 15 minutes.
How To Make Mozzarella Dough Keto Pizza Scrolls
Once you discover mozzarella dough, there is no turning back! It is so easy and so versatile. It can be baked sweet or savoury and is not much more than mozzarella cheese, an egg, and some low-carb flour.
My recipe even comes with instructions on how to use almond flour OR coconut flour (and if you have been low-carb or keto for a while, you will know these two flours cannot be substituted easily.
If you are new here, why not read my Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Flours.
Mozzarella Dough Recipe (AKA Fat Head Dough)
The original recipe for mozzarella dough was called Fat Head dough. Why? Because Tom Naughton first published the recipe, and he is the creator of Fat Head, the movie. So credit where credit is due. Tom's recipe is now infamous in the low-carb and keto world.
Scroll below and you can see all the recipes I have created using this classic keto dough.
You simply melt mozzarella dough with some cream cheese, then mix in your choice of low-carb flour and an egg, then roll out in between two sheets of baking parchment.
How To Make Keto Pizza Scrolls
Once you have the mozzarella dough rolled out, spread all your favourite pizza toppings inside, roll it up, then slice into small slices.
Suggested pizza scroll fillings:
- no added sugar tomato paste (tomato paste is very strong flavoured, so it only adds a few carbs to the nutrition values)
- favourite meat such as ham, pepperoni, or salami
- shredded/grated cheese
- herbs such as oregano, rosemary, thyme
Next, place each keto pinwheel onto a lined baking tray, and bake at220C/425F for 15 minutes. And why not sprinkle with even more cheese or herbs before baking? It will turn into a yummy crispy topping.
This recipe can also suit your preference whether you would like to use almond or coconut flour. Now, all that’s left is what you’ll top them with! So, go on and get creative!Wow! Mozzarella dough keto pizza scrolls - my kids absolutely LOVE these in their lunch box.
Mozzarella Dough Keto Pizza Wheels - the recipe
Mozzarella dough keto pizza scrolls
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. (see recipe notes)
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg and salt, mix gently.
- Place the keto dough in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper (see photos above). Remove the top baking paper/parchment and cut into a rectangle shape.
- Spread tomato paste over the prepared dough. Add slices of ham or pepperoni and other favourite fillings. Roll up tightly using the bottom sheet of baking parchment.
- Cut into slices and place each one on a baking tray (cookie tray), and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
More Mozzarella Dough Recipes You May Like
If you love mozzarella dough (aka Fat Head dough) then you will love these. Simply click on any link to go to the recipe. Why not print and save them for later?
- Fat Head Pizza - the holy grail of keto pizzas
- Mozzarella dough bagels - add all your favourite toppings
- Fat Head nachos - I like mine fully loaded
- Fat Head calzones - the perfect way to use up some leftover ground/minced beef
- Fat Head sausage rolls - another yummy lunch box filler
- Keto taco cups - I am yet to find anyone who doesn't love these babies!
LOW-CARB LUNCHES: Need help and inspiration making healthy lunch boxes every day? Learn to make easy healthy lunch boxes - CLICK HERE