Don't like brussels sprouts but love bacon and garlic? Then give these a go, the secret is in the butter! Buttery bacon brussels sprouts with a hint of garlic and orange, oh my word!!! Give this one a go for sure.
Buttery Bacon Brussels Sprouts - with a hint of garlic and orange
Brussels sprouts, love em or hate em? When I was a child I would do anything to not eat them but it's amazing how your likes/dislikes still develop and change as time goes on. Yet my 11 yr old cannot get enough of them and even takes them to school!Buttery bacon brussels sprouts with a hint of garlic - even sprout haters gonna love this.
I like to jazz them up a bit and love everything buttery so these buttery bacon Brussels sprouts are a combination of all my favourite flavours. The orange zest doesn't please everyone so you may want to leave this out if it is contentious.
For me, its the plenty of butter with the little hint of garlic that really takes it to a new level. And of course, there is that amazing bacon in there.
Buttery Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by removing any dirty leaves, trimming the base a little, then cut in half.
- Boil in a small amount of water until just cooked, roughly 5-8 minutes. Drain and leave the lid off to allow the steam to escape. You don't want a soggy sauce.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter, then gently cook the bacon until it begins to go crispy. Now add the garlic and cook for another minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the orange zest then gently stir in the cooked Brussels sprouts. Stir while heating the Brussels sprouts and coating them in the buttery garlic sauce.
- Serve and use some walnut pieces to garnish.
Buttery Bacon Brussels Sprouts would be great to accompany these main courses. And for more vegetable ideas, take a look at the recipe finder.