We all want easy low-carb recipes, and I would suggest grain-free pork schnitzel is up there with the easiest of them all.
Table of contents
How To Make Grain-Free Pork Schnitzel
I have to say this grain-free pork schnitzel is fast becoming a family favourite. Not only is it incredibly tasty, it is just so quick and simple.
Whilst the vegetables are cooking, prepare the pork schnitzel one at a time and place straight into the frying pan.Look what I just found. Grain-Free Pork Schnitzel. Low-carb made easy.
How To Make Low-Carb Crumb Coating?
We get so used to cooking things the same old way, when you go low carb it can be a bit daunting, but soon this way of eating and cooking becomes the norm.
Instead of reaching for the breadcrumbs, just use ground almonds instead.
If you are allergic to almonds, why not try seed flours (such as sunflower or pumpkin) that are becoming available, LSA or linseed.
For more low carb hacks, take a look at my Low Carb Hacks Infographic. It makes the switch to low carb just that little easier.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Pork?
I love to use my slow cooker (for pulled pork), my skillet for pork chops or pork schnitzel, my oven for a pork roast and even my Instant Pot.
You can see my 5 BEST keto pork recipes.
Spoiler alert, the pulled pork is out of this world!
Grain-Free Pork Schnitzel
- In one small dipping bowl (or saucer) beat the egg(s) with a fork. In another dipping bowl (or saucer) add the almonds, sage and salt/pepper.
- Dip 1 pork schnitzel in the egg mixture on both sides. Lift to drain the excess egg from the schnitzel.
- Place the pork schnitzel in the almond and herb mixture, turning a few times to ensure it is completely covered.
- Place each pork schnitzel in the frying pan as you make them. Cook on a medium heat until both sides are golden. Test to ensure the meat is cooked through to the centre.
- The cut of pork is called schnitzel here, but in other countries, it is called tenderised pork steak, loin steak or you can use a pork chop.
- The amount of almond/herb mixture required will depend on the size of your schnitzel pieces.
- No nutrition label can be generated for this recipe as the size of pork schnitzel and the amount of fat on each piece varies tremendously. And the size of each schnitzel will determine how much crumb mixture has been used.
Serve with a selection of greens and mashed cauliflower. Garnish with a slice of lemon.