Greek stuffed mushrooms with halloumi are the perfect low-carb and keto appetizer, snack, or meal.
We all know the Mediterranean lifestyle is an incredibly healthy way to live, so enjoy these drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and rejoice in the full fat life!
They're low-carb, gluten-free, keto friendly, and can be cooked in the oven, BBQ, or air fryer.
These delicious low carb Greek stuffed mushrooms can be made in advance and served hot or cold. You can even prepare and cook the lamb ahead of time, then just reheat it on the barbecue. Vary which cheese you use such as halloumi, feta, or your family favorite.
Are mushrooms keto?
Mushroom nutrition per 100g: 2.3 g net carbs, 3.1 g protein, 0.3g fat, 22 calories
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
You only need a few simple healthy ingredients to make low carb Greek stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Garlic - fresh crushed is preferred but garlic powder or granules will also work in this recipe.
- Ground/mince lamb - this is authentic for a Mediterannean dish, however you could use ground pork, chicken or turkey.
- Basil - use fresh basil and tear into tiny pieces. I also use fresh basil leaves to garnish and serve.
- Mushrooms - regular button mushrooms have been used in the video, however, large flat portobello mushrooms also work beautifully. The larger the mushroom, the more lamb stuffing they can accommodate.
- Seasoning - add salt and pepper to taste. You might also enjoy other herbs and spices such as lemon pepper, chili flakes, or onion salt.
- Fresh basil - whole or pieces.
- Halloumi - cut into squares large enough to cover the mushroom stuffing.
- Sundried tomatoes - cut into quarters or halves then placed under the halloumi.
Place the stuffed mushrooms into an oiled baking dish or sheet pan. Place into a preheated oven, or on the barbecue with the hood closed, for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the halloumi has warmed.
To cook stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer, first oil the wire rack of your air fryer basket. Lower each stuffed mushroom onto the wire rack. Ensure there is space between each mushroom and the side of the basket.
- Preheat to 180C/350F.
- Cook for 10 minutes, depending on the size of your air fryer and the size of your mushrooms.
If you love using your air fryer, I have 101 keto air fryer recipes for you to choose from (chicken, pork, ground beef, salmon, vegetables, and even desserts). Discover how to use your air fryer plus FREE printable air fryer cooking cheat sheets.
These low-carb Greek stuffed mushrooms can be served as a starter, light lunch, or made into a dinner with a Greek salad, avocado, and olives.
If you are feeling inspired to cook all things Greek, take a look at my Low Carb Moussaka too. Serve any of these with a huge Greek salad. Go to town with leafy greens, cheeses, olives, feta, tomatoes, spring onions, cucumbers .... incredibly beautiful, colorful, and nutritious.
Low carb real food is so varied and nutritious.
Please rate this recipe.
Keto Greek Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Greek Stuffed Mushrooms
- leaves fresh basil
- 12 slices halloumi
- 6 sundried tomatoes cut half
Greek Stuffed Mushrooms
- Heat some oil in the frying pan, and cook gently the garlic for only 1 minute.
- Add the lamb and stir until cooked throughout.
- Stir through the fresh torn basil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the mushrooms by washing or peeling, whichever you prefer.
- Place a sundried tomato on each mushroom.
- Divide the lamb mixture evenly between the mushrooms. Place on an oiled baking dish.
- Place a whole basil leaf on, and finally add a piece of halloumi.
- Place in the oven, or on the barbecue with the hood closed, for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the halloumi has warmed.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.