Keto spinach stuffed chicken is one of the easiest healthy chicken dinners you will ever make.
Just throw it in the oven and dinner will be ready in 30 minutes. With less than 1g carbs per serving, these will suit anyone who is low carb, keto, primal and Whole30.
Is chicken keto?
Yes, chicken is zero-carb, high protein, and can be low-fat or moderate fat.
The nutrition of chicken will depend on which part of the chicken you are cooking. Some cuts will have higher fat content and contain chicken skin, dark parts will have higher iron and the chicken breast has the least fat.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
|Per 100g (3.5oz)||Net Carbs||Protein||Fat||Calories|
|Chicken breast, skinless||0||30.9g||4.5g||173|
|Chicken drumstick, skin eaten||0||27.3g||10g||206|
|Chicken drumstick, skinless||0||24.2g||5.7g||155|
|Chicken thigh, skin eaten||0||28.2g||13.2g||239|
|Chicken thigh, skinless||0||27.7g||6g||173|
|Chicken wing, skin eaten||0||23.8g||16.9g||354|
What to serve with chicken
It can be difficult to decide on what to serve with the main meal once you give up rice, pasta, bread, and potatoes. Luckily there are plenty of easy delicious keto side dishes for chicken.
How to make a fast chicken dinner
A plain cooked chicken breast can get really boring really fast so you need some quick and easy ideas to make a fast tasty chicken dinner. All you need is some herbs, spices, and various cheeses to jazz up your chicken.
If you have any cut of chicken such as chicken breast, chicken thigh, chicken schnitzel, some spinach, and some other pantry staples, you can make this baked chicken recipe tonight.
These keto spinach stuffed chicken breasts make it look like it’s actually taken some effort (but we won’t tell anyone how easy they are).
This quick and easy chicken recipe is so adaptable, you can change it to be exactly how you like it with a number of variations. Keto spinach stuffed chicken is just as suitable for a family meal as it would be for a dinner with friends.
Chicken stuffing flavors and variations:
- Creamy traditional flavor stuffed chicken - add cream cheese and spinach as shown in the recipe.
- Taco stuffed chicken - mix some taco seasoning with cream cheese for the filling. Sprinkle cheese and more taco seaosning over the chicken breast before baking.
- Mexican stuffed chicken - fill the chicken breast with cream cheese, jalapeno slices and red peppers - for that spicy tasty taste.
- Burger stuffed chicken - fill the sliced chicken breast with smoked cheese, tomato paste, mustard and pickles.
How to cook in the oven
Place each chicken breast in a large oiled baking dish. Cook at 180C/350F for 30 minutes. Cooking times will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
Cook until the chicken is completely cooked into the center.
How to cook using an air fryer
Using an air fryer to cook stuffed chicken is quick and easy.
- Preheat to 180C/350F.
- Spray the wire basket with cooking oil.
- Gently place each stuffed chicken breast into the oiled basket. Ensure there is plenty of space between them. Do not overcrowd your air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, open the drawer and turn each piece.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes, depending on the size of pieces being cooked. Chicken must be completely cooked into the centre of each piece.
If you love using your air fryer, I have 101 low-carb air fryer recipes you may like. There are recipes for air fryer chicken, ground beef, pork, vegetables, and even mug cakes!
Keto Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Please rate this recipe
- Slice each chicken breast/fillet along the centre.
- Place chopped spinach, cream cheese and diced bacon along the centre of each chicken breast/fillet.
- Fold over, and use a toothpick to secure the chicken and its fillings.
- Place each chicken breast/fillet in an oiled baking dish and pour some extra oil over each one.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes, or until cooked in the centre. Cooking times will vary with the size of chicken breast and thickness of meat.
- Sprinkle finely grated/shredded parmesan on top of each chicken breast.
- Add chilli, garlic or spring onion to the cream cheese.
- Pour canned/tinned tomatoes over the chicken before coking to create a sauce. This would however, add to the carb count.