Once I made this Chocolate Grain-Free Granola (or muesli), my children won’t stop eating it. They ate it first with cold milk, then as winter was setting in, they decided to heat their milk in the microwave and eat it warm. They also sprinkle it on berries for an after dinner dessert with coconut cream or whipped cream.
UPDATE : Scroll below to watch the quick video “How to make sugar-free chocolate grain-free granola”. Then scroll to the recipe at the end of this page.
Chocolate Grain-Free Granola – Why grain free?
Take a look at my original Grain-Free Granola post, and read why cereal is the first thing you should stop buying and eating. And see the top myths that still surround cereal to this day (no.3 always makes me giggle).
The post above, is my longest post to date. But read it all and watch the videos, because if you can understand what is wrong with breakfast cereals, you will understand what is wrong with modern food production, marketing, whole grains, the Heart Foundation tick, why low fat is so bad (and can actually increase your risk of heart disease) and how sugar has found its way into everything we eat, especially morning cereals.Watch the quick video “How to make sugar-free chocolate grain-free granola”. My kids love this.
How To Make Chocolate Grain-Free Granola
UPDATE – One reader sent me his stable blood glucose readings after enjoying my grain-free granola with berries and unsweetened yoghurt.
More Grain-Free Granola Recipes –
- Grain free granola bars – sugar free, gluten free, wheat free and nutritious. Drizzle with some 90% chocolate or add some orange zest to make them really special.
- Original Grain Free Granola
- Cinnamon Crunch
- Fennel & Ginger grain-free granola
- Orange & Pecan grain-free granola
Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- Melt the coconut oil in a glass jug then dissolve the sweetener, cinnamon and cocoa powder in it.
- In a large baking dish, mix all the seeds, nuts and coconut together.
- Poor the chocolate coconut oil over the coconut, seed, nut mix and stir well so all the granola is coated with the chocolate coconut oil.
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. The mixture will burn VERY easily, so I set the timer and turn the mixture every 3 or 4 minutes. You don't want to burn and ruin these expensive ingredients. It is better to spend time mixing it as it cooks. But set a timer, or you won't realise it has brunt until you smell it.
Adaptable recipe & blood sugars
This is an incredibly adaptable recipe. I usually add whatever combination of coconut, seeds and nuts I have in the cupboard, especially half-used packets are great to throw in. The nutrition values will differ enormously depending on which combination of seeds and nuts you add, and what quantity.
Here are just a few clips of modern cereal. For more, take a look at my YouTube channel.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!